1) It’s a huge country, so be prepared to be overwhelmed. And don’t be overly ambitious: India’s impossible to see in a couple of weeks so it’s wise to see one bit at a time. I chose a Golden Triangle Tour with Globus – it’s a popular itinerary for first‐timers taking in Delhi, the “Pink City” of Jaipur, plus Agra, home of the Taj Mahal. If possible, arrive a couple of days before your tour starts so you can adjust to the time difference and get over some of the inevitable culture shock.
2) Don’t try it on your own. Of course, you can travel independently here, but if time is of the essence and you want someone to help you unravel the mysteries, go for a guided tour. Certified guides will be your interpreters, and not just for language (though I was surprised to learn how widely English is spoken) but for do’s and don’ts, where it is safe to eat, shopping ideas and how to best interact with locals. Our guide was brilliant in arranging for us to visit the Taj Mahal early in the morning.
3) Enjoy the food. Indian food is so much more than curry and I experienced some delicious, surprising meals. North American food is widely available, especially in upscale hotels, but it would be a shame not to try some local specialties. Be careful of the spices though! A meal in a private home, arranged by my guide, was a definite highlight.
4) Read up ahead on local customs. You may be expected to remove your shoes when visiting temples. Ladies may be expected to have their heads or legs covered. It’s so important to show respect.
5) Attitude is all. India is not Canada and there may be mysterious, inexplicable delays in service. Traffic is horrendous, yet fascinating, and will make rush hour at home look like a dawdle. Your personal space may be invaded, and you are guaranteed to witness things you’d never see at home, from piteous beggars and cow dung patty sellers to sidewalk dentistry.
Stéphanie Bishop is the Managing Director of Globus Family of Brands based in Toronto, Ontario and is in charge of all operations for the organization.
Burlington, ON - Thursday, May 18, 2017 - Please join in our excitement as the Burlington Youth Soccer Club announces that Orion Travelinx of Burlington, Ontario are teaming up to provide Travel Services for the BYSC Community.
Orion Travelinx has been providing professional travel services to the Burlington area for over 30 years. With their extensive travel knowledge, they have the innate ability to provide highly professional corporate, leisure and group travel planning assistance.
Orion Travelinx will be the Preferred Travel Service Provider for all BYSC players and families travel needs.
This relationship will in turn provide SIGNIFICANT benefits directly back to the BYSC, its players and Programs.
Here's how it will work:
1. Contact Orion Travelinx to research and book your future travel arrangements (www.oriontravel.com) - corporate, leisure or group travel! Friends, and acquaintances can also be referred for the benefits that will accrue for BYSC members!
2. Even if self-booking online, you should contact Orion Travelinx first for NO additional costs or fees even after you have confirmed your booking! (For example, if you book yourself for corporate travel on Air Canada, contact Orion to book on your behalf and the benefits will rapidly accrue for BYSC)
** Please contact Orion Travelinx (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ANY questions. Truly providing BYSC members with travel advice your Family will love!
"Orion Travelinx is thrilled to provide opportunities to the players and family members of BYSC" states David Harris, President/Owner of Orion Travelinx. "From our family to yours, we sincerely look forward to being your trusted resource and provider of meaningful travel benefits for years to come."
The BYSC-Orion Travelinx partnership will take effect May 19th, 2017.
Stephanie Geosits, Executive Director, BYSC - "We're so very excited about this relationship which will yield significant benefits back to the players and families of BYSC. We know that our families, who travel extensively, will gain from the knowledge and experience that Orion Travelinx can and will offer to ALL of our Members."
President/Owner: David R. Harris - David.Harris@OrionTravel.com (905) 319-3000 ext. 106
Mgr.- Marketing & Business Development: Lauren Harris - Lauren@OrionTravel.com (905) 319-3000 ext. 121
11/24/2016 0 Comments
BURLINGTON, ONTARIO, NOVEMBER 22 2016 – At one point in his career, “Shark Tank” TV star and successful business owner Robert Herjevac let his travel agent go in favor of his staff booking their own business travel. He recalls it as “one of the worst decisions I ever made,” and soon after reunited with this travel advisor. “She sells something that I can buy online, but she adds value to it,” said the recent Dancing with the Stars contestant and former Dragon’s Den panelist.
Herjavec made his remarks before an audience of nearly 900 travel professionals last month in San Diego, CA, including David R. Harris from Orion Travelinx. Harris was attending the annual conference of Ensemble Travel® Group, a member-owned organization of approximately 850 top-tier, independent travel agencies in Canada, the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand.
“As the conference keynote speaker, Robert Herjavec captivated our audience with a number of life and business lessons that apply to our agency,” said Harris. “I think many consumers go through what he did in terms of ‘going it alone’ only to find that a travel advisor’s professionalism, connections, and added value just can’t be duplicated, especially when it comes to planning a complex vacation.”
Harris was joined by other travel executives from around the world at this large industry gathering held this year at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego. In addition to Robert Herjavec and a series of business and industry speakers, conference delegates learned of new products and programs developed by Ensemble Travel Group, all designed to significantly enhance their customers’ vacation experiences and improve their agency’s profitability.
In terms of a business outlook, early indications show 2017 as a banner year across all travel segments, with Europe coming back strong for members of Ensemble Travel Group, based on the results of an Ensemble Insights Survey released at the San Diego conference. For overall bookings in 2017, 62 percent of the respondents expect sales to increase when compared to 2016 activity (29 percent said unchanged; 9 percent said down), with Europe rebounding for 46 percent of the participants in the year ahead, compared to an anticipated decrease expected by 49 percent of respondents for Europe bookings in 2016.
“We’re excited to see Europe back in many of our clients’ travel plans,” said Harris. “Italy, France, and Spain are coming back strong for our agency in 2017.”
Orion Travelinx has been providing professional travel services to the Burlington area for over 30 years. Along with a team at our second location, Voyageur Travel, we handle all corporate, leisure or group travel arrangements including weddings, honeymoons and cruises. We have your stress free solution to a wonderful trip. Our dedicated staff are here to assist you and will ensure you make the best memories. Give us a call or stop by the office to plan your next vacation.
You’ll love where we take you!